Thursday, February 24, 2011

There's nothin' a little mod podge can't do!

Remember my recipe box? Well, I had such a fun time doing it that I decided to make a little addition to my purple bathroom: 


A kleenex box holder!

Materials: 
Wooden box
sandpaper
scrapbook paper 
credit card
paint
mod podge
brush

Here is what I did...


I started out with a plain wooden box like this. Always make sure you sand it so you have a nice, smooth surface to work on.

I couldn't find a good purple to match the purple I have in my bathroom so I took some lavender paint and mixed some gray in with it to make the right color.


Paint all edges of the box where the paper will not cover.

Cut your scrapbook paper to fit all sides of the box. 
With a brush, apply a layer of mod podge to the wrong side of the paper and attach to the box. Do this with each piece until you have all of your pieces glued to the box. Use a credit card to smooth the paper out, so bubbles do not form.


Put another layer (or two, or three!) of mod podge on top. And there you have it! I just LOVE the pearl paper.

Happy mod podging!

Love,
Michelle







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com