Saturday, February 19, 2011

Got Wood?!

I love being able to transform a boring wooden box to...



A recipe box for my kitchen!!! 

Materials:
A wooden box (which I got at Hobby Lobby in the wood section)
scrapbook paper of choice
paint of choice
paint brush
mod podge
letter stickers

I had some left over scrapbook paper from the scrapbook I made my cousin, Nicole, for Christmas. I just LOVE the paper so much, I had to put it to another use somehow. If you know me you know I love food and cooking, so a recipe box is just what my kitchen needed! I can't wait to come up with an idea for the recipe cards. For now, I just like to admire the box :)

All I did was paint the box brown (for where the paper doesn't cover the wood). Then, I cut the paper to fit each side of the box. With a paint brush, I put a thin layer of mod podge on the wrong side of each piece of  the paper and glued them to the box. I used a credit card to make sure no bubbles formed in the paper. After I attached all the paper, I put another thin coat of mod podge on top, waited for it to dry, then stuck my letters on.

Some more ideas I got from looking in the wood section at Hobby Lobby were wooden trays, a wood kleenex box holder, an ABC box for baby, a stool, wooden shelves, and any other plain boxes that can serve so many different purposes just like this one!

Do you have any ideas?

Love, 
Michelle
















1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your recipe box...looks great in my kitchen! I'm enjoying reading your blog...you're not only crafty, but you are good at writing also!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com