Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweet Layla

My sweet cat, Layla, who was a birthday present to me from Steven and I have had for a couple of years now has been gone for over a week. She was mostly an outside cat, because she simply loved it outdoors and that was what made her happy. She would come in several times a day, mainly to eat and take naps, and stay in most nights. But she would always remain close to the house--always in the yard. I knew something was wrong after just one day of her not waiting at my door step, wanting to come inside to eat. Now it has been 8 days and I can't stop thinking about her. I feel so guilty for letting her be an outside cat to begin with, always having the fear in the back of my mind that something could happen to her. My fear has become a reality. And I just miss her so much. I miss her sweet little meow. And I know the other girls, Ashley and Brooklyn, miss her as well. I hope and pray that she is safe somewhere, that someone took her in and is taking care of her. I put up fliers around the neighborhood, and have yet to hear from anyone. As long as she is safe somewhere, even if that means I will never see her again, I will be happy. Thinking of anything bad happening to her absolutely breaks my heart, because she really was the sweetest cat in the world. 



 Layla has always had the cutest little face!


She was a huge fan of Steven from the very beginning!






 Layla and Ashley were best friends--they loved each other more than anything and I loved watching them interact.


 Not to mention these two--they were the best of buds!


She always wanted to go everywhere with her mama!


 And she was a very committed Braves fan.


 Always greeting me every time I got home. What a great thing to come home to!


The last day I saw her--always sleeping in the silliest positions and cracking me up.

I love you Lay, please come home!

Love,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com