Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Today, the most amazing animal I have ever had the priveledge of getting to know and love turns 2. 
I still remember the day we (Steven & I) met her. It was a perfect, sunny day. We drove out to the middle of nowhere and were introduced to four adorable black lab puppies. Little did we know we would be falling in love right there on the spot. I asked Steven, "which one do you want?" He immediately pointed to her and said "that one!" Although they were all so cute and I would have loved taking any of them home, I had my eyes mostly on her and was ecstatic that Steven did as well. 
She first caught our attention because she was by far the smallest. The cute little runt. And man she had a personality! She was the most captivated by us and all she wanted was our love in return! And she sure did get it.
She has not left one of our sides since the day we got her. I miss her every time I am not around her. She is our best friend and we can always count on her. She is our protector. And best of all, she is an INCREDIBLE cuddler! :) 
I love our days at the river walk, trips to the beach, jogs around the neighborhood, nights cuddling on the couch, car rides and doggie dates. I can always count on her to help me finish my meals, keep me company when I am lonely, make me feel safe and protected in any situation, and force my lazy self to take daily walks and runs. 
I love you Brooklyn and I can not wait for many, many more years together!


The day we fell in love and brought her home.


Mama's pride and joy


Our little family


I can not get enough of that tongue and those ears. It brings a smile to my face every time :)


From countless beach trips...


To days at the river...


To days at the park...


To trips in the car...


Our friends are her friends.

Our family is her family. 


She always manages to put a smile on our faces.


And we always manage to put a smile on hers :)


She can be playful.


And she makes the BEST faces!
There's no doubt she knows what teams to pull for!



And she just LOVES her play dates!


We have been through some rough times...but hey, that's life!


"Come on mom, it's bed time!"


She sure does love her beauty sleep!



Happy Birthday to my
little angel!



Love, Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com